18 Things I Wish I Knew
Read this if you've ever struggled with weight loss
I have been morbidly obese for the majority of my life (beginning around 8 years old) but I finally have gotten to the bottom of it.
These are the the things I learned this last 15 months that changed my life more drastically than ANYTHING I previously thought I knew.
1. Drinking a gallon of water a day will not help you burn any fat. Drinking too much water can and will deplete your essential electrolytes leaving you feeling like absolute crap (headaches, nausea, cramps). Not to mention peeing 100 times a day.
2. Exercise is not required to lose weight. As a matter of fact, in some cases, over training can lead to weight gain due to an increase in cortisol. Walking is the magic here.
3. Sleep is one of the MOST important factors of weight loss. The majority of fat is burned while we sleep.
4. Insulin is the deciding factor in weight gain or weight loss. Insulin matters far more than calories. Hence, why women over the age of 30 can still gain weight in a calorie deficit and some men may eat 10,000 calories a day and not gain an ounce. #hormones
5. Managing your blood sugar is a more efficient more effective method of weight loss than anything out there that exists.
6. Eating processed foods will keep you forever addicted to food and make it nearly impossible to ever have full self control of what you eat. Food is fuel and is not looked at as that by those who eat nothing but processed foods. Food is for pleasure, not fuel which leads to a ton of other issues including a lot of physical pain and aches from inflammation.
7. B vitamins have played the BIGGEST role in the way I feel on a day to day basis. A large amount of our population will not process b vitamins properly and the best way to get them is either liver, liver capsules or methylated b vitamins.
8. Vaping spikes blood sugar dramatically. I don’t vape but this was discovered by someone close to me. They were monitoring their blood sugar and it was shocking.
9. The government has no interest in helping us get better otherwise our food pyramid wouldn’t be upside down. SAD = standard American diet.
10. Everything you research can be debunked. So you have to find what works for YOU.
11. Fat doesn’t make you fat. High insulin levels do. Fat spikes insulin the least out of all the macronutrients (carbs, fat and protein).
12. We are made to fast, eat, fast. Not eat eat eat. Eating 6 meals a day and snacks is the single most cruel thing we can do to our body and our hormones. We give it no time to repair, and force it to constantly digest.
13. The need to eat the second you wake up is a sign of blood sugar imbalance and your body’s way of telling you it cannot tap into fat storage for fuel. This can easily be verified my checking your blood sugar and ketones yourself.
14. Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day. This was brought to you in part by companies.
15. Your body needs cholesterol. Cholesterol is there to repair damage occurring on the inside usually from too much sugar or carbs. See Dr Ken Berrys video on YouTube for more information on this.
16. Seed oils (vegetable, canola, sunflower, rapeseed) are highly inflammatory are linked to joint pain and inflammation. You won’t know this until you eliminate them and then add them back in and watch the pain become immediate. For me personally it goes to my hips and knees.
17. You don’t have to starve to lose weight. This is completely unnecessary torture.
18. Some people will disagree with every single point I wrote and will feel the need to tell me I’m an idiot.
I’m sure there’s more. But I wanted to offer a different perspective because I have spend the last 15 months undoing everything I had been previously brainwashed to believe.
Ultimately, you have to do what works best for your body. Whatever that may be. We all deserve to thrive and live in the absolute best versions of ourselves.
We don’t deserve a life of no sleep, skin trouble, depression, anxiety and a hard time moving our bodies. No one deserves that. We have the right to learn and experiment and find our bodies preferred way of fueling.
If you need help on your health and weight loss journey, I wrote a book just for you. It's called Clean Keto for Beginners and I've documented everything I've learned along the way. As I learn new information, I add it in there and will send updates for free. It also comes with a facebook support group which in my opinion is the biggest part of success. Having people alongside you on the same journey sharing meals, progress photos, etc. It also includes some really yummy recipes that make keto EASY!
Here is the link for that: https://myadventuretofit.com/products/cleanketoforbeginners
If you're running a little tight on funds but you really need to get started, just go ahead and download the free keto food list here: https://myadventuretofit.com/products/free-keto-guide
I sincerely hope this helps you on your journey.
p.s. If you want to see our latest sales, product bundles and product launches, click here