Benefits of drinking a Cal-Mag Supplement
Cal-Mag: How It Can Help
I’ve been taking various Cal-Mag supplements since I was a kid. My parents apparently knew that deficiencies in calcium and magnesium are pretty common—especially with the average American diet.
Magnesium is such an important mineral: it has so many functions, including helping with muscle and nerve function, blood pressure, immune system support, and even stress, anxiety, and depression! Apparently, making sure to get enough of both calcium and magnesium can help prevent or maybe even treat certain chronic diseases, like Alzheimer’s, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, migraines, osteoporosis, and more.
On a more everyday level, Cal-Mag can help with:
- Headaches: Since a magnesium deficiency can end up restricting blood vessel constriction, it can cause headaches, especially migraines. Studies have actually shown that taking magnesium can help prevent migraines!
- Muscle Cramps/Soreness: In complicated terms, magnesium plays a key role in muscle contraction and neuromuscular transmission. In simple terms, magnesium helps with muscle cramps and soreness! If you’re getting random painful cramps or if you want to help prevent or soothe sore muscles, try taking magnesium for it.
- PMS: Since Cal-Mag helps with muscle cramps, it makes sense that it would also help with PMS cramps! In fact, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists suggests taking a magnesium supplement could help reduce bloating, breast tenderness, and mood symptoms, too.
- Anxiety and Depression: Low levels of magnesium have been connected to both anxiety and depression and multiple studies have found that taking magnesium reduces anxiety and depression, so it’s a great natural treatment!
In the longer term, Magnesium can also help with:
- Bone health: While calcium is already well known for being good for bones, magnesium is actually also very important for healthy bone formation. When you make sure to get enough of both, it can lead to higher bone density, improved bone crystal formation, and a lower risk of osteoporosis in females after menopause.
- Diabetes: Apparently, research has shown there’s a link between high magnesium diets and a lower risk of type 2 diabetes! This is because magnesium plays an important role in glucose control and insulin metabolism.
- Heart health: Since cal-mag is so important for muscles, it makes sense that it’d also be good for the heart. It can help lower risk of cardiovascular problems, like arrythmia, high blood pressure, and even stroke!
So, how can you up your intake of calcium and magnesium? A super easy way is with a Cal-Mag supplement! The problem with the ones I used to take growing up and even until recently is that they taste terrible—either they’re chalky as all heck or they taste like a mixture of vinegar and pee… Yuck!!!
That’s why I made my own Cal-Mag supplement: one that has the perfect balance of calcium, magnesium, and we even threw some vitamin C in there, too. It’s sweetened with stevia and naturally flavored so that it tastes like pink lemonade!
It’s easy to make, too—just add one scoop of Cal-Mag to the bottom of a heat-safe cup or mug, add a little hot water and mix until dissolved. Then, top off with more hot water if you want it warm or top off with cold water and ice if you’d prefer it cool!
I take mine whenever I experience cramps, soreness, stress, headaches, or trouble sleeping.
I don’t recommend taking too much of it or taking it every single day, as too much magnesium can cause diarrhea (no thank you!). But as long as you take it when you need it to balance your levels out and recover from any deficiency, you should be good to go!
Pre-Order Here: https://www.mpbsupps.com/products/cal-mag-pink-lemonade
Can’t wait to hear how it helps you like it’s helped me!